Friday, August 16, 2013

TPT Sale and big class sizes!

TeachersPayTeachers has announced their back to school sale and I have decided to participate! If there is something you've been eyeing in my store (or another store) be sure to use the code below for a big discount!


This banner was made by me. Feel free to use
it on your blogs if you'd like. I'd just appreciate
a link to either my blog or TPT store. Thanks!

In other news, they keep changing my class lists and my class sizes keep growing. I am not happy about it! Here is my class schedule for 1st semester and my class sizes as of right now:
  • 1st Period - Biology - 27 students
  • 2nd Period - Forensic Science - 23 students
  • 3rd Period - Biology - 19 students
  • 4th Period - Forensic Science - 11 students
  • 5th Period - Study Hall - 39 students
  • 6th Period - Biology - 26 students
  • 7th Period - Planning/Conference Period
I've never had such big classes before! Last year I had my largest class ever with 25, and it felt huge. I'm afraid to see what 27 feels like. It is definitely not an ideal situation for labs! I usually have a back row of empty tables that I use to set up lab supplies, but this year all of the tables will have students so I'm not sure where I'll be able to set up!

I also only have 30 chairs in my room, so I'm not sure how that study hall is going to work! Hopefully we can get it figured out before the first day with students on Wednesday. I would hate to have more students than I do chairs!

Looking at my schedule compared to other teachers makes me frustrated too, my schedule is packed and many of them have much smaller class sizes and only half the total number of students I do. I know I shouldn't compare, but it sucks. Especially since it is many of the teachers who refuse to help out with any extracurriculars too.

Ok, well that was my venting session for today. I will try to stop complaining now. I know there are some schools/teachers that have it a lot worse! And I should be flattered that so many students want to take my classes.

Have a great weekend, and happy TPT shopping on Sunday and Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment