Thursday, August 15, 2013

Goodbye, Summer.

Wow, can you believe school starts so soon?!?! I go back on Monday, and have some teacher friends who are back already. Summer flew by!

I am spending today doing last minute prep work for my new Forensic Science class.

Last night I finished my Forensic Science Dictionary (since my students don't have a textbook to look up vocabulary words) and vocab lists for each chapter. I also made little introduction activities to go with each vocab list to either assess student prior knowledge, or start introducing content in a fun way. I hope my students like it! Anyways, I did post it all on TPT as a bundle for anyone else teaching Forensic Science this year. Check it out here.

 
In other, not so exciting news, I found out how I will be spending my Christmas break... having surgery! :( I have a terrible time standing on the hard floors at work and over the years developed plantar fasciitis, which turned into heel spurs. They of course get worse each year and when I went back to the podiatrist last week for X-rays, he said my only treatment option left is surgery. I can only do one foot at a time (I have heel spurs in both) so that means another surgery down the road too. Anyways, I am nervous for it, but dreading having sore feet until then. The doctor wanted to do it sooner, but I did not want to miss that much work. Putting it off until Christmas break means I will have more time to recoup and will not have to be on crutches so long once I go back to work. I know, none of this sounds fun! Anyways, here is a pic to show what is going on with my feet.
 
 
Well, I hope everyone starts off the year with a bang! Bring on the caffeine!

No comments:

Post a Comment