Thursday, June 14, 2012

Texting

As a high school teacher I often hear the excuse, "I forgot we had a test/homework/etc" from my students... but no more excuses with this program!



Remind101 allows teachers to safely text students and parents reminders of due dates, class news, corrections, etc. Teachers create an account and are given instructions to give parents and students. If they choose, students and/or parents can go to the website and sign up for alerts. Teachers then can log in and send a text from the website, not a phone, so teachers aren't giving out their number or using up text messages on their phone plans. There is also no 'reply' feature so parents/students can't send any messages back. It is simply a quick reminder system that students are way more likely to check.

I'm going to run it by my principal first of course, but I think this sounds like a fabulous idea and I can't wait to try it this upcoming school year!!

And I almost forgot to mention... it is FREE :) I found a lot of other great free resources for teachers today also. Stay tuned, I will post about them in the upcoming days!

No comments:

Post a Comment