Thursday, June 7, 2012

Good news!

I'm at it again, see I told you I just can't get my brain off school stuff, even in the summer!

Anyways, I have some good news. My principal was able to revise his PD budget for next year and buy the science department some high tech Vernier lab equipment! We ordered 6 of the labquest 2 interfaces and a handful of probes to go with it, as well as lab books. It will be a challenge learning how to use it all (that is where the PD money comes in!) and then teaching the kids, but this is real world science equipment- it will be so great for them to use it and be better prepared for college and the real world!


The principal wants us to follow up and apply for some grants on our own, to get some additional training and equipment we want. I have never written a grant before and am a little intimidated by it, so we will see how that goes. I emailed the chemistry teacher this morning with some ideas so I will just await her response.

Lastly, I leave you with a link. This is a cool website called Scale of the Universe that gives a great glimpse of different sizes of things. It has really relaxing music too and it just pretty inspiring. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment