Monday, November 17, 2014

Snow Day!

It isn't even Thanksgiving Break yet and we're already got our first snow day, this is sure to be another crazy winter!

I do love winter though, just look at how pretty the trees look today!


My dog is enjoying the snow day today as well.


Also wanted to share some photos from class. My students have had a great year so far! Here is a forensic student practicing how to dust for fingerprints.


Once students mastered fingerprinting, they had a crime scene lab which including both latent and visible prints. It was set up like a Halloween party gone wrong. They had to figure out who was at the party, who the victims are, and who is the suspect... all based on fingerprint evidence!



Our last crime scene lab was about documenting the crime scene and looking for trace evidence.


I also started using Learning Targets with my Forensic Science classes this year. It is something I have done for many years with my Biology classes and they seem to really help students so I decided to design forensic ones as well. So far I have posted the first five chapters of them to TPT. Here are the fingerprint learning targets if you are interested, others are posted in my TPT store too. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Forensic-Science-Fingerprints-Learning-Targets-and-Review-Questions-1559712


Well, I have some more files that need typed and a driveway to shovel before my appointment later so I better get back to work! Happy Teaching!


No comments:

Post a Comment