Monday, June 3, 2013

It's summer!

Summer is finally here and I couldn't be more excited!

It was sad leaving school this year though, knowing all the changes we have in store for us next year. We have lost a lot of staff to retirement, new jobs, and RIFs. My two best teacher friends at work won't be there next year, and I am super sad about that. It is going to feel very lonely!

I am teaching some new classes next year though. Because they had to cut so many elective classes with the RIFs, the have added electives to the core areas. I am teaching 2 new science electives- forensic science and zoology. I have A LOT of prep work to do over the summer to plan these courses from scratch without materials, but I am feeling up for the challenge. I hope to make the classes really fun and informative for students and hope I do a good job with them! I have requested a free textbook for each so hopefully the company comes through and helps me out!

So besides doing LOTS of lesson plans over the summer I am also...
  • taking a few workshops on Educational Technology
  • volunteering at the Akron Zoo
  • going on vacation with my family in July to the Outer Banks
  • and hopefully finding lots of time to sleep in, visit with friends, let out my creativity by painting and making art
Summer is my time to relax and refresh. To all of us teachers, I hope the summer goes slow and is enjoyable! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment