Thursday, August 16, 2012

End of Summer Update

Wow, I can't believe summer is just about over. I say it every year, but summer just flies by! I am going to Toledo and Detroit this weekend to fit in my last bit of summer fun. I'm going to visit the Detroit Zoo with a friend, should be a good time. I have a goal to visit a zoo in every state, so now I will be able to check Michigan off my list. I've already visited zoos in Ohio, Pennsylvania, DC, Maryland, Georgia, West Virginia, and Indiana.

Today I have a meeting at school about our new OLWEUS bullying prevention program. I am on the core team with 3 other teachers, the principal, and guidance counselor; it has been much more of a time commitment than I expected! Hopefully it will work once we implement it though so it is worth it. I don't think bullying is a huge problem in our school, but it still exists and needs to be stopped.

I'm hoping to get there a little bit before the meeting so I can run off copies. That is definitely one of the most tedious jobs as a teacher, I waste so much time standing by the copier! We used to be allowed to have students do it for us which was great, but my principal won't let us any more. So annoying!

In other news, I sold my first 2 lessons on TeachersPayTeachers, yay! I think their back to school sale really helped me out. I only made 66 cents on each purchase after TpT fees, sale discounts, etc. but hey, it is a start :)

Tonight I have to run to Lakeshore Learning Teacher store to buy a grade book and plan book, my school used to provide them but no longer does because of budget cuts, meaning more money out of my pocket. I've already spent $150 on back to school supplies... being a teacher is not cheap!

Well, hope you all have a great back to school week. We have meetings Monday/Tuesday and kids start Wednesday. I will try to update on how it all goes next week sometime. Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment